lørdag 28. februar 2009

Last days in San Pedro

There´s been a while since the last blog now. But that´s due to a tight program and a lot of traveling. I hope I will be able to make updates abit more frequently now...

The time in San Pedro has been great! I´ve stayed for free in their small apartment in the basement for more than a week because I did the concert. The concert was on Saturday the 21st. Not many people came to listen, but we had a really nice time anyway. Afterwards I was out driving the car with very low blood sugar (I was out to get myself something to eat.. just to make that clear...) And I was stopped by the police! I drove around without really knowing where to go and got myself into a bad neighborhood. I guess my driving was a bit suspicious since I was looking for a restaurant. And i got nervous when I saw that the police car was right behind me. So I wanted to pull over to a side street, stop and program my GPS. And when I made that left turn, I did it from the wrong lane! Haha. So the flashing blue lights came on. I´m a criminal!! I didn´t even have my license with me... But I think it´s smart to be a hungry, Norwegian turist in a bad American neighborhood. And the policeman even had a relative who had a friend in Norway or something like that... Hehe. So I got away by showing my passport and the rental car documents. Phew... But it was nice to have tried that too!

Besides that I was "on work" for the rest of the stay in San Pedro. I did alot of administrative things, practiced the Scriabin concerto and prepared the departure. But I should mention that I went for a walk along the harbor in San Pedro on of the days. I wanted to see if I could find a place to eat (again.) And they really have some nice fish restaurants down there!! I guess they pull the fish out of the nearby ocean and put it on your plate. I found a non-fancy restaurant. They had plastic silverware and no service by the tables - fast food style. But the fish was ofcourse fresh as could be! You could actually see the food alive before you ate it. They had big aquariums with lobster and crabs from Alaska on death row cell to put it that way. I chose a fish soup to save money, but not just any fish soup. I got a casserole with fish filets, mini squids, tentacles, big clams (with the clams ofcourse), shrimps with heads and everything, other treats from the ocean and some vegetables. It was a nightmare to eat actually, but very good (if you don´t mind really seeing what you´re eating) and a great experience!

I left San Pedro on Wednesday to pick up my parents at the LAX and headed east. More on that in the next blog!!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar