onsdag 11. februar 2009

San Francisco!

I had to pinch my arm a little bit when I woke up this morning. I was at a motel room in the middle of San Francisco. Todays plan was to walk around in the town and practice at the Seamen´s Church - not far from the Fishermen´s Wharf. I had a salad for brunch and walked for about 15 minutes to the church. I liked this place right away. There´s something very charming about San Francisco. You have all the victorian houses, small cafeterias and stores, streets with sidewalks, busses, famous trams and ofcourse the steep hills. The atmosphere is really nice judging by my first impression. Compared to for instance Los Angeles, it´s like coming to another country. 

I had a nice day at the Seamen´s Church. I practiced for a few hours on my Scriabin concerto and talked quite a bit with the people at the church. I had dinner at a small sushi restaurant just down the hill from the church. I think that must have been one of the best meals I´ve had for quite a while. Wonderful sushi!! Every piece is like a world of it´s own. The next time you eat: put all your focus and attention on really tasting the food. Feel the texture and have total focus on the tasting experience. If this becomes your habit, you would never want a burger with fries ever again. I´ve tried... it´s reduced to a pile of calories tasting like salt. Afterwards I wandered down Hyde Street to the harbor and walked along the Fishermen´s Wharf. Then I chose the street which seemed to have the steepest hills and walked all the way to the top of the town. The sidewalks actually had stairs in the steepest parts! Fun. 

So now I´m relaxing at the motel. I think I´ll do same procedure tomorrow as well. Walking in town and practicing. The weather however is just hopeless. I feel like home. Real Trønder-Weather. Having that said, Trondheim isn´t the worst town to compare San Francisco with. It´s ofcourse kinda like comparing a swan with a grey sparrow, but the both have feathers to put it that way. Both towns are compact, tidy and cosy. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar