tirsdag 17. februar 2009

San Luis Obispo (English)

San Luis Obispo has a very beautiful location by the Pacific Coast about 4 hours north of Los Angeles. I came from San Josè and it was windy and wet. I had a private host there in the nearby town Los Osos, by Morro Bay. The town is practically speaking on a sand dune, and very idyllic too! I was told that they have a "reversed Gulf stream" in California. This means that it will never be extremely hot by the coast. But the temperature will rise QUICKLY when you drive inland. Maybe as much as a degree per mile. So even if it´s in the 60s by the coast, it could be well over 100 in the inland. 

I arrived to Los Osos quite early so we had time for some sight-seeing nearby. We ate at a real Mexican restaurant just down the street from where I stayed. Then I drove for about 20 minutes to San Luis Obispo. Apparently, this was a very difficult day to get a good crowd on a concert like this. Not only was it Valentines weekend, but Monday was a holiday (President´s Day.) And in addition to this, the weather was bad, and the Californians aren´t used to that. So there would probably be twice as many there on a different day. But the atmosphere was excellent and we had a great evening. The church was really nice, and I can say the same thing about the grand piano! I got up quite early so I could drive to Los Angeles, or San Pedro to be exact, without rushing. My destination was the Norwegian Seamen´s Church. So I said goodbye to my nice hosts and their 2 cats, dog, three hens and 10-15 birds. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar